Detective Kevin Coffey is the founder of Corporate Travel Safety, which specializes in travel safety seminars, training tapes and travel safety products. Kevin Coffey is an active, 23-year police veteran. He is not retired. He is employed with one of the largest police departments in the United States, and holds the rank of Detective Sergeant. He founded the Airport Crimes Investigations Detail and has been personally responsible for investigating thousands of crimes committed against travelers at airports, hotels, and car rental agencies.
His expertise has allowed him to identify the most common methods and locations used by professional criminals who target travelers, and to develop strategies to reduce traveler's victim potential.
As a pioneer in the area of travel safety, he is passionate about reducing the victimization of travelers in airports, hotels, and while on the road. He is the author of two books, one of which is "Traveler Beware! An Undercover Cop's Guide to Avoiding Pickpockets, Luggage Theft and Travel Scams."
Kevin is the media's favorite expert on travel safety and related topics. Most likely you recognize him from appearances on Oprah, 20/20, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, The Travel Channel, Court TV, The Today Show or countless other broadcasts. He is regularly quoted in the written press, including: USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, The Los Angeles Times, The Chicago Tribune, Fortune, Inc., as well as in many trade publications.
Founded in 1990, Corporate Travel Safety continues to expand by assisting companies and associations with content for travel policies, procedures, handbooks and web-based training.
- Laptop and Data Theft Prevention: Make Mobile Workers Part of Your Security Solution, Rather Than Part
- Lies, Cons & Stolen Briefcases: How to Outfox Crooks & Protect Your Property While on the Road
- Identity Theft: Protecting Your Good Name and Assets
- Know Before You Go: A Guide to International Travelers
- Street Smart Survival Skills: How to Prevent From Becoming a Victim of Street Crime While Traveling
- Travel Safety and the Tour, Travel & Meeting Manager: A Guide for Understanding and Implementing Safety and Security Measures for Their Clients
- Hotel Safety and Security: Some Arresting Thoughts on Unwelcome Guests
Safety, Women, Police, Spouse programs
Click topic above to see more speakers on that topic
Speaker's Asking Fee Range
$5,000 - $7,499
Click on fee range to see more speakers.
This is the starting keynote fee range - other programs may be higher.
Click on state above to see more speakers from that state.
The fee range quoted means the speaker's fee starts somewhere within that range. Note that speaker's fees are subject to change and some speakers may have special fee quotes.