Dr. Bill Conerly connects the dots between the economy and business decisions. He has the unique combination of a Ph.D. in economics from Duke University and over 30 years’ experience helping companies adapt to changing economic conditions. He has worked in economics and corporate planning at three major corporations.
Companies have used Dr. Conerly’s expertise to help with decisions regarding capital expenditures, inventory levels, expansion into new markets, pricing, business models and financial structure.
Dr. Conerly is an on-line contributor to Forbes and the author of "Businomics," a book about economics for business leaders. He has been interviewed on the News Hour with Jim Lehrer, CNN, CNBC and local television and radio stations across the country. He has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune Magazine, and USA Today.
Dr. Conerly is chairman of the board of Cascade Policy Institute, a member of Oregon Governor John Kitzhaber’s Council of Economic Advisors, and a Senior Fellow at the National Center for Policy Analysis.
Dr. Bill Conerly is the father of two sons and the husband of one wife. In his spare time he races sailboats, trying to perfect an obsolete method of transportation.
- Business in an Uncertain Economy: The Best Strategies for Profitability in an Ever-changing World
- The Economic Outlook: New Opportunities and Risks in the Evolving Business Cycle
- Survive and Thrive in a World of Black Swans: Best Techniques to Capture Unknown Opportunities while Protecting Your Business from Downside Perils
- The Next Decade: What Businesses Should Do TODAY to Prepare for Tomorrow
- America's Energy Future: Old Lessons Re-Learned
- Freedom and Prosperity: The Case for Optimism
- Business Planning in an Uncertain Economy (half-day seminar)
Financial, Business, Global Business, Humor, Technology, Goal-setting, Decision Making, Executive Development, Leadership, Management, Education, Strategic Planning
Click topic above to see more speakers on that topic
Speaker's Asking Fee Range
$5,000 - $7,499
Click on fee range to see more speakers.
This is the starting keynote fee range - other programs may be higher.
Click on state above to see more speakers from that state.
The fee range quoted means the speaker's fee starts somewhere within that range. Note that speaker's fees are subject to change and some speakers may have special fee quotes.