A journalist, author, frequent television guest, speaker, and nationally syndicated columnist, Marni Jameson is America’s most-loved home expert. Her weekly home design column, “At Home with Marni Jameson,” appears in more than 30 major newspapers across the country.
Her book "HOUSE OF HAVOC – How to Live Beautifully Despite Cheap Spouses, Messy Kids and Other Difficult Roommates" came out to rave reviews. It instantly topped the charts in the home design category on Amazon, and became a best-selling paperback. In reviewing her book, the Dallas Morning News wrote, “Think Erma Bombeck’s wit, Martha Stewart’s gumption and Rachael Ray’s verve in one humble yet helpful package.”
Since then, Marni has made more than two dozen television appearances, national and local, including appearances on ABC, NBC and FOX, and given dozens of media interviews. The self-proclaimed “Queen of Cheap,” she tells audiences how to live better, more beautifully, and saner, for less – and she does it all with a sense of humor.
Her first book, "THE HOUSE ALWAYS WINS – Create the Home You Love Without Busting Your Budget," was also widely acclaimed. Publisher’s Weekly called it “hilarious, helpful and brave.” What makes Marni such a fresh voice is that she’s not an interior designer, but a journalist, “an expert brain picker, with access,” she says. She’s every woman who wants a beautiful home, but has to deal with a spouse, kids, work and a budget. Marni uses her well-honed journalism skills to interview experts and bring home advice that works.
As a top-tier journalist, Marni Jameson also writes regularly for the Los Angeles Times, Woman’s Day, Family Circle, Parents and other national and regional magazines. Her work ranges from serious reporting to humorous essays, and focuses not only on the family home, but also on family life, women’s issues, health, and real estate.
As a keynote speaker, she frequently speaks to businesses, women’s groups, organizations, schools and other writers. Prior to becoming a nationally known syndicated columnist and journalist, she was president of Jameson Communications Group, a marketing and public relations firm based in Sherman Oaks, CA. She ran the award-winning firm for 10 years before selling it to pursue journalism. While running her agency, she also taught writing and public relations courses for UCLA.
Jameson received her master’s degree in creative writing from Vermont College, and her bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Kansas, William Allen White School of Journalism, where she graduated with honors and distinction.
- How Do You Get to Live Like This? Bridge the gap between the home you dream of and the one you have
- Desperate Times Call for Desperate Decorating: Cheap design tricks, the best home improvements for the fewest bucks, and more than a dozen ways to sav
- Keep, Toss, Sell: What To Do With Your Parents' Stuff (book also available in quantity on this topic)
- The House Always Wins: create your dream house without busting your budget
- Gender Wars: Why men and women disagree on decorating, and how to close the gap
- Love the House You're In: Designing for dwelling (not selling)
- Meet the Author Appearances
- Marni Jameson - Deadly with a Glue Gun
- Connect! With Marni Jameson - Proven Ways to Win Clients and Woo Media (IDCEC-approved course )
- But It Was Mom's: What to Do With Your Parents' Stuff
Women, Spouse programs, Real Estate
Click topic above to see more speakers on that topic
Speaker's Asking Fee Range
$5,000 - $7,499
Click on fee range to see more speakers.
This is the starting keynote fee range - other programs may be higher.
Click on state above to see more speakers from that state.
The fee range quoted means the speaker's fee starts somewhere within that range. Note that speaker's fees are subject to change and some speakers may have special fee quotes.